YouTube is a common place to find publicly accessible videos, you can watch a single video or a “channel” which is a collection of videos by that author.
4K Video Downloader
Videolan client (VLC) is a multi tool for video. You can take a video stream and save it or convert a video easily to audio.
If you need to download video from a website that is not YouTube, and the 4K Video Downloader cannot download the video, or if its in a page then you need a different tool.
Most of the time, Video DownloadHelper will enable you to download a video, unless it is streamed by more secure services like Wistia.
[Advanced] Firefox Developer Mode
In Firefox, there is a developer mode that enables you to see content in different ways, but it also has a network tab. If the above methods don’t work, you can get the download link to the video. Once you have the link, you can use a video download tool like WinWget.
The process to get the link is as follows:
- Open the page with the video in Firefox
- Press F12 on your keyboard
- Choose the Network tab
- On the right, choose Media
- You may need to refresh the page.
- Start the video, the stream will show in the network window.
- Right click on the file, choose Copy then Copy URL.
- Open your downloader, such as WinWget and paste in the URL
- After downloading, rename the file a sensible name with the extension .mp4